View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Need advice on using Eleven Rack with tube power amp plus a 4-12 cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick828 View Post
Thanks for the input. I do have the cab sims off. I was getting alot of feedback when I played live with it for the first time and I was not happy with the sounds I was getting at all. Thought had some decent tones programed, but they did not cut through with the band. I have been playing a Line 6 Vetta for the last 6 years. And I really like it over all. btter than any of the other Line stuff I have heard, but I have not played with them all so. But man I missing my Vetta right now. Mother board died in it, and I was impressed with what I heard from the Eleven Rack and hope it was going to be my new amp. Right now I am very frustarted. The tone seems to be dull. Sorry to ramble and I appreciate your response.
What exact amp and cab are you going into? From what output on the Eleven Rack?

Sometimes folks mean guitar amp when they say power amp so do you really mean a poweramp with line-level inputs or do you mean a regular guitar amp? If a guitar amp are you going into an instrument input or the FX loop return? I would start there if possible. Obviously driven by the amp1 or amp2 output from the Eleven Rack.

If its a real power amp with line level input then you might be better off starting with the XLR main outs (or one of them) to the amp, going via a mixer if you also need to feed FOH.

Play around with stuff.

Darryl