View Single Post
Old 02-14-2000, 11:30 AM

Default Re: PT5 will not open my PT4 sessions- S.O.S!!!!

Dear Bruce,

Thank you for lending a hand.

I went to the link above, but it appears that the TT 2.0.3 deals with track count issues relative to PT5LE, which won't help me since that TT doesn't in turn see PT5 sessions, so I'm back to square one. I have sessions that have no plugins and are no more than 2-4 tracks and I can't open those either. Unless of course I'm missing your point, which wouldn't surprise me since besides being very tired, I am also fighting a real nasty (re)bout of the flu. This combination of being tired and sick (as well as sick and tired) could easily account for a major brain clog on my part.

My configuration:

9600/300 w/128MB RAM, OS 7.6.1, Disk Cache 96K (tried others), DAE set to 2 (?, middle setting, tried others), Mix I/O in Slot #1, Mix Farm Slot #2, Monitor Video Card Slot #4., PT 30MB/DAE 40MB, 2 Glyph Hot Swap Racks with 4 Atlas II drives

As I mentioned, one of the things I did try, was to do clean install of OS 8.6 and updating all the drivers with HDT 3.0.2 (?, the one that came w/PT5 package).

Sessions open up with no problem on this rig as well, when I run PT 4.3.1 instead.

I have also opened lots of 4.3.1 sessions in 5.0 that is everybody else's EXCEPT for anything that's mine, originating from my previous 8100 rig, which never gave me the slightest bit of trouble or a sign of warning at the time. That's why I'm so stumped..... As you might recall, I did have that very same problem during my testing of PT5 on that NuBus rig, with PT5 running v.5 smooth as butter and opening other 4 sessions, but mine, so I thought "a glitch on THAT" rig, but now I'm on a new system and it's back.... There's clearly something that's isolated to MY sessions and the theme is consistant, they ALWAYS crash at that "Building Memory Locations" message in the launch progress window.

I also tried opening JUST the "empty" session files, by copying the session file to internal drives, dismounting the Audio Drives, and simply "skiping all" when quaried "where is audio...", they won't open, same scenario as above, at least 9 out of 10 times, sometimes "app quit unexpectedly" message, usually with type 28 error, occasionally type 2 or 3 error.

Same goes for trying all of the above with nothing but the 24-bit Mixer plug in the Plug-ins folder......

Again, thank you for your help.

Arthur
Burbank, CA,
[email protected]