View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: sends and panning trouble. fast help please.

thats pretty much what i've been doing. the only difference is i create mono aux tracks.
i tried doing the same thing but only using stereo aux tracks and i still have the same problem.

ok...again...lets say i want to run a compressor plugin on ALL of the vocal tracks using the same setting on all of them. therefor i would run the plugin on an aux track and set all of the audio vocal track's sends to the input bus of the aux track with the plugin on it. this would save me a lot of memory as i wouldn't have to run a compressor on each individual track.

my problem is that i want to pan some of the vocal tracks left and/or right but when i move the pan control on the audio track to the left or right it doesn't do anything because its running through an aux track that is panned in the middle. when i pan the aux track with the compressor plugin to the right it then pans the audio track to the right as well but only if the pan control is panned to the right on the audio track. but now the aux track with the compressor plugin is only affecting the right side of the tracks that i want panned in the center.

does this make sense?

the only solution i can think of is to create 3 aux tracks each one with a compressor on it. pan one to the right, one to the left and keep one in the center. each would have a different bus. and i would send any left vocals to the left panned aux track, any right vocals to the right panned aux track etc...

this seems like it would defeat the purpose of saving memory as i would still have many plugins running.

is this the only way or is there another way to do what i want?

i hope i am making sense.

i am running pro tools LE 6.7