View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 10:57 AM

Default Re: GUI short freeze and beachball still on 2021.7

Of course I know that.

But my beta team background reflects on the question, that seems to be hard to understand for some. Because I know first hand that unless you have a known starting point (clean install) there are plenty of random things that may or may not affect to the situation. Which is why it is important to make that clean install every now and then.

Now that they are releasing macOS Monterey soon, that would be a good place to do it. As for myself (not being in beta team any longer) I would skip the dot-zero release, but once they release the first bug fix release, what I do is first update the system the apple way, let all libraries update, see what is broken, benchmark, backup, and then plan a good weekend for a clean install. After that I can pretty much assume I can use that platform until The Next Place is introduced, which is likely one year later.

Many people do not understand that all software that is installed will have some effect on your system. Avid does not have any idea what it is that causes thes random kinds of problems unless you have started from clean install of OS (wihtout any kind of automatic migration tools).

Don't shoot the messenger if you do not like the message.