View Single Post
Old 12-27-2022, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Carbon line in (XLR or db25) priority

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONMIX View Post
Hi All,

Merry Christmas. I am planning to make Carbon the centre of my studio after using it for 8 months and retiring my old HD accel system. If I hardwire both 8 XLRs and db25 line in inputs, which input (XLRs or db25) would take precedent if I select "line input" on protools software?

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Conrad
From the manual:

Both the XLR/TRS combo jacks and DB25 inputs can be used for simultaneous connection of mic and line cables to the same input channel. This allows mic and line inputs to be switched without cable re-patching. 1/4-inch connections to the combo jacks always use the Line input, while XLR connections always use the Mic input. If a 1/4-inch connection is made to a combo jack, that con- nection takes precedence over the DB25 connection for that channel input.
The preamp gain on Line inputs 1–8 can be bypassed on a channel-by-channel basis in the Pro Tools Hardware Setup (see Line I/O Page).

The DB25 line inputs 1–8 are normalled to the TRS combo jacks. If a DB25 line input is active and a 1/4-inch cable is plugged into the combo jack for the same input channel, the DB25 input is disconnected and the combo jack input is used instead.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro