View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 10:18 AM

Default Re: linking 2 192's 96i and Behringer ada-8000

I'm not sure how complex the digital connections are on the 96, but I can tell you from experience, the 192 can be tough to setup properly. Maybe start with a complete description of EVERYTHING that is in play. Then, consider the multiple Digidesign units all need to be connected via loop sync(BNC coax cables forming a complete loop). The, when adding a lightpipe unit(like the ADA8000), the clocking needs to be correct. Since there are several ways of clocking, my recommendation would be to leave Pro Tools using Internal clock, connect 2 lightpipe "cables" to the ADA8000 and set the ADA8000 to External Sync(there should be a LED on the front to signify its receiving clock).

If its still not working, break things down to basics. If you are already using all 16 inputs on both 192 units, for testing, disconnect both 192's and try using just the 96 alone. Once that works, add the ADA8000 on lightpipe and get that working. Its worth asking if the ADA8000 is known to be working 100% as those are not well built.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave