View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 09:53 AM

Default Re: beginner in pro tools needs major help, 7 major questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidib123 View Post
..more questions...
..sorry...

#1) also in the clip bin, is there a way to view the waveform, and play various portions of it... i am looking for a way to basically put large (basically way too large to use,) sections in this clip bin ('clips pane', as called in cubase) in order to keep these large sections out of the way and seperated (preferably at the bottom) from everything else, that actually makes it into to the mix that actually plays....

hmm .. the Parent File will always be in there .. but i think Workspace - under the Window menu / New Workspace, you should see waveforms and you can play them from any place in the file ..

#2,3) how do you use the kontakt sampler to both :
(2) Chopping things up in beats, to play the beat (say on keyboard note), and then chop the track(audio track) up accordingly, to this particular beat
(3) Set a piece of *trimmed* track as a note, and play repetitively in a specific *rythym*...

this is still a little confusing .. but do you have Kontakt or are you planning on buying it ?? as i do not really want to waste time being specific if you do not already have a Sampler .. as it is another beast of it's own ..

as far as chopping up and editing audio . Pro Tools is great for this .. but to get an Audio File (called Clip in pro tools) to play from a keyboard you need a sampler .. so when you answer which sampler you have , then we can move forward on that

...many thanks again....
and you are welcome .. you notice how nicely i say RTFM .. i do mean it .. dig into it and see what helps you .. after more than 20 years on Pro Tools i still look in there !!!

cheers john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro