View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 09:49 AM

Default Re: beginner in pro tools needs major help, 7 major questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidib123 View Post
..hello,..

# 4) by tones, I mean pitches NOTES !!! maybe

#5) I mean separating the bands of sound, like they would naturally be separated, before they were mastered together into a single track. like trying to separate out the separate instruments, to isolate certain ones…

so you wish to DeConstruct a MIX into it's Isolated elements from a MIX ??? good luck with that .. Melodyne can do some pretty amazing things but you are asking something that i believe is NOT possible ..

have you done this in another DAW ???

#6) the harmonies thing, I know that can be done through autotune or melodyne,
But what I am trying to figure out is if you keep the same tone (pitch) on the voice or instrument, but want to create the effect that it is a **chorus** singing it rather than one person.

well, Antares Harmony Engine .. i have this and use it once in a while .. might want to demo it ..

#7) pt 1) to make the chorus come in from both ears, especially strong, almost as if present, I think this would have to do something with the eq range, or some effect, but there also might be a spatial/directional/distance effect

Pt 2) but also as a second part of this, to make maybe each ear slightly different (in different ways)(and/or motion) or off from each other to increase the chorus effect. I have heard of this being done, but I don’t know how to do it in pro tools. I am a pro tools beginner.

well, stereo spatial mixing .. you might want to try using the M/S method here and dial out some of the Center so that the sides are more prevalent ... if i read you right on this ..

standby for answers in your next post 1&2 ..

..thank you so much for replying,... this is basically a lifesaver getting questions answered directly, instead of searching 1000 hrs of tutorials...

.....thank you.....

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro