Thread: Frustrated!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Frustrated!!!

hey this is just an update for anyone reading this who may need a solution.
I ended up getting the same computer I had before, the macbook pro. I also purchased the firewire glyph portagig 50 online from sweetwater as suggested by drumster. I still had the exact same errors occur. The buffering error would come up yet again.
In the end I took the whole setup into where I purchased the 003 rack and showed them. I had the firewire 400 lead plugged into a firewire 800 converter which allowed me to plug it into my portagig hard drive as there are only firewire 800 ports on this hard drive. It then plugs into the 003 with the 400 connection. They said that was right but sure enough the errors came up also. We changed the lead coming out of the hard drive so that it had an 800 plug on one end but a 400 plug on the other. So without the adaptor, its just a lead with two different plugs at each end. It also is braided or screened which you can see through the clear sheath. This worked!!! Couldnt believe it. Whether the lead i had which came with the 003 was dodgy in the first place im not sure but i truely believe its a 400 to 800 issue. It doesnt like being converted but with this cable i bought, it has resloved the problem.
Thanks for the hard drive tip off also drumster. Its a nice little unit.