View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 04:30 PM

Default Re: control 24 psu repair for $40!

Quote:
Originally Posted by opacheco View Post
Dan,

Do you remember the c20 capacitor value (microfarads and volts)??
Do you know what voltage supply is connected to this capacitor??....my 48 volts phantom power and the strip line yellow ligth is death in all channels!!...

My psu female connector have damage(the wires come from the toroidal transformer) is black color, like carbon deposit....I changed it and the psu problem is better now but the channel strip ligth and 48 Phantom Voltage is death until!!....

Thanks anticipated for your help.
Opacheco.
Hey Opacheco,
I believe the capacitor at "C20" is 4.6 volts but i forget the micro-farad rating. It wasn't listed on my repair sheet, but before i sent the board out i looked at C20 first because i knew it was a common problem. I didn't see any physical damage so i sent it out instead of just replacing the capacitor. If you look on the board, it has the locations printed next to the components in white. its pretty small but they're all there. C20 is somewhere around the center upper left area (if that makes any sense lol) once you locate the capacitor, the voltage and micro-farad ratings are printed right on it. Its hard to see, but get a flashlight and you'll be able to check it out.