View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 07:14 PM

Default Re: PT HD-End of Life???

I don't want to look at it through rose colored glasses but there are two or three things to consider.

There are still owners holding onto Mix systems and are satisfied with them for the work they do. I strongly doubt HD users will go the the next big thing just because it is the next big thing even if it is introduced next season. Digi would shoot themselves in the foot if they introduced a new system that was incompatible w/HD.
If I have to have better quality converters I can go Apogee. Now maybe Digi will introduce some new I/Os. Maybe even along the line of high quality two channel I/Os. Maybe a PCIX card. But I would bet they will be compatible w/HD.
Digi is about to announce the next big thing in the live market and they are trying to capture a new niche for themselves. I personally believe they are trying to be the all audio solution and that is where their energy and resources are going. IMHO
Digi just acquired M-Audio. They seem to be focusing on the market for all in one pro-sumer product(s).

So maybe I am in a dream world, but I know I would not feel the need to trade up, not now. Funny thing though, the product life seems to follow the term of leases.