View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Life Goes By........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefont View Post
That's what I'm talkin about X-mann! That's how you bring it son!!!!

That's off to a great start for just a few hours of time put into it bro!

Keep em coming!

Peace
Mike

Your my boy Blue!

Lets get something straight...........I put in 3 to 4 hours on Saturday & an hour on Sunday & this little tune is only like 2 minutes & 40 seconds long........So that's a lot of time when you really think about it.......Most of it was spent trying to get those long consecutive takes w/ no guitar noise, bad vibrato or crappy slides......I tried my best to add that VSA/Andy Timmons quality....but that aint easy for me...........I also noticed by not having anything preplanned lead wise it made everything sound fresh.......After 10 takes I did find that I had been tweaking the lead a little bit each time.......Then at some point you just have to stop & say that's the one......Lol

I wrote the starting progression a few days before & I actually simplified it to sound less busy.......I've also been taking notes from what you guys all post on here about your tunes........So this is really a testament to the guys on this forum.......

These comments are way cool from you guys..........So thx 4 that......What guitar player dosen't like to hear feedback.....

I will be adding some bass this weekend & may try to add one more section.......I'm not sure where to go w/ it at this point.........but I will try to finish it this weekend so I can move on to another darker tune I've got goin as well............

The fact that I stole great tones that others made really helped as well.......

Peace! X-Mann