View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Can PT 8 run on two different 002's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert VS View Post
Thanks for responding, Irish. It did seem like a dumb question, but the main reason I asked is because the 002 console that I'm sending to PCAudiolabs for the configuration of their Rok Box Elite computer and PT 8 won't be the same DAW as I'm actually going to use after the computer is finished.

I've ordered a newer 002R with Command 8, modified by Black Lion Audio, which will be here in about 2-3 weeks, and saw a thread here about PT8 not "recognizing" the Command 8 unless you mess around with the configuration to enable the Command 8 to "talk" to the 002 R with PT 8.

As PCAudiolabs is building the computer for me and installing the PT 8 software, I wanted them to deal with the configuration issues, since I'm a newbie to PT setups and have had major issues getting my older 002 console and computer working properly..... believe it or not, I've spent about 95% of my time getting PT to work right, so I don't want the same thing to happen all over again. My problems have been caused by a computer that wasn't built with Digi-approved parts inside, so I kept getting DAE error codes that drove me insane....
From what I understand after installing PT several times (although I do not have a Command 8) is that you need to connect it during install. But check the digi site to see if there is an installer for after the fact installation.