View Single Post
Old 01-17-2005, 02:22 PM

Default MIDI SETUP: Digi 001, ver 6.1 + Yamaha dtx 2.0

I am running Digi 001 with Windows XP, Version 6.1. I have a Yamaha DTX 2.0 electronic drum kit and am trying to setup the DTX with PT via midi. My goal is to be able to play and record the DTX into seperate MIDI tracks( track for each trigger ) and later bounce this to audio. ( I have done this using REASON 2.5 ( AS A PLUG IN) , writing the patterns,etc - 1 aux.track, 1 midi track and out to audio track ).
Problem - PT does not see the DTX. I have used the same midi cables from my Korg keyboard into PT/REASON and can play samples, so I know cabling is right. I also have two outputs from the keyboard into PT as well ( should it matter)? The DTX SEND/REC channels default to channel 10; as a device option, whether in Reason or PT, I don't see the DTX as MIDI input device ( should I )???
The PT 6.1 reference manual only gives the midi setup steps for a MAC system - doesn't help. What I need to be sure of is, from the PT/001 side, am I setup right. If so, then I know my problem is with the DTX.