View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 07:47 AM

Default Pro Tools cannot communicate with Playback Engine...

Hey there,

This started happening yesterday. Every hour or so I get a dialogue box popping up saying...

"Pro Tools cannot communicate with the selected Playback Engine device. Please quit Pro Tools, reconnect the unit, and then relaunch Pro Tools"

I’m then forced to save and quit PT. I reopen and all is fine again. I'm running the Dolby Atmos Bridge as my Playback Engine, HD Native, MTRX Studio.

This started after an Evercast session with a director yesterday. At the end of the session we all exited the “room” while the stream was still active. EBS (Evercast Broadcast Software) doesn’t like that and it automatically closes down, in other words, not shut down properly. I think this has something to do with it. The setup to stream involves Loopback Audio doing a software patch from the Dolby Audio Bridge output to the EBS input that then streams the audio to the "room".

I’ve done several Evercast streams previously with no issues after, but this is the first time EBS was closed automatically.

I have tried many restarts, resetting the playback engine in PT, as well as reinstalling the Dolby Renderer software to no avail. Any ideas?

Thx!
J.R.