View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 03:44 AM

Default Re: MIDI not loading

Yep, uninstall/reinstall fixed it. And then I remembered that the "Attention Most Recently Clicked DAW Area" box is greyed out unless in PT... annoying. If only I could just configure the hardware.

The MIDI implementation is still rough. It's better than before when it would take multiple rounds of messing around with uninstall/reinstall before it would work, including a "clean install" script that they've fortunately now built into the installer as the "Uninstall" option. But adding programs or changing the configuration in the prefs pane to enable Mackie/MIDI control of another program prompts for a EUCON restart, but that hasn't worked properly in some time... perhaps because the program didn't restart, when I added the new version of Mixbus and deleted the old version from the prefs pane, it buggered the MIDI communications somehow.

Eddie and the team have done wonders with the platform, but I still have a pet peeve or two that have never been fixed, and now with the Artist line EOL'ed, I long for the days of my robust and predictable Command 8. I've never been able to mix with my eyes closed on my Artist Control like I could with my Command 8... just can't trust the hardware, and I feel bad having spent that money on something that has just never worked "properly", never mind all the (sincerely!) wonderful additional features and fixes that have trickled down through the years, from Kyle and now Eddie.