View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 07:52 AM

Default Pro Tools Problems.

Ok I am a guitarist who hasn't used Pro Tools at all in the last year. Don't ask! No, not that, I wasn't in prison or anything like that just been busy with other things

Anyway one of the things I have been doing recently is modifying/creating music for the above "other things" for vids I have been editing.

Now, one of the things I am trying to get working with VI plugins with ProTools and get it playing nicely with my MIDI keyboard. The problem is sometimes it works, but, most times it doesn't. Like for instance I have a number of plugins used for this purpose, but, I suppose one most people are familiar with is Mini Grand, so, I've created a track, stereo, instrument, and when done went to the insert thingy in the Mix window and added the Mini Grand plugin. Hit the record button to arm the track and for the most part nothing happens, sometimes changing the preset gets the MIDI keyboard working and I've had a couple of instances where restarting the computer also got everything working correctly and a couple of times where changing the plugin itself got everything working!?!

So, if someone could give me any advice at all I would be most grateful!

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP