Thread: School
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 09:58 PM

Default Re: School

I'm sorry to say this dude but I don't think that these audio engineering schools are real schools. I mean if you want to learn a trade so you can go and use it in the business world...An audio engineering school doesn't carry the same weight that regular institutions do for other professions. Do studios recognize audio engineering degrees? I think that experience is a much bigger factor.

In the end it's about making contacts to try to get your foot in the door, and then proving yourself in the studio by a) your skills as an engineer, b) how well you take instruction (your professionalism), and c) how well you interact with the staff and clients at the studio. If you think you can get that at an audio engineering school, then by all means, go; but if you check out like SAE, I think it's like $13, 000 a year. You could pump that money into building a nice studio, which you have for the rest of your life, build a little business around it, and still make inroads into a professional studio though offering your services for free.

That being said I've never attended an audio engineering school, but in finding out about them, they all seemed like shams. Forgive me for asking, but is this the type of education your father would have wanted you to spend his money on? I only ask because you brought it up.

Just my 2 cents.