View Single Post
Old 11-05-2022, 07:43 AM

Default Re: MTRX Studio Mic In's / Dolby Audio Bridge...

In the Box story.

After some lengthy experimenting I decided to use Dante as the monitoring out put for the Dolby Atmos Renderer instead of bringing it back into ProTools. That way I can use Dadman and the routing matrix and create individual monitoring sources from the renderer output (including the live re-renders). Using the PT audio bridge it was not possible to route the DAR atmos output or the re-renders to a monitoring source.
Also using the routing matrix in Dadman I could bring the re-render outputs into PT via Digilink and record them if desirable.
I found it more useful to let PT bounce out all the formats I needed using the DAR engine rather than record the live re-renders. The delay offset was too much of a PITA.
I also found that the bounce time was much quicker! If folks would like a walk through of this setup you can drop me an email.
Mac M1 Studio Ultra 64GB RAM OSX 13.6, PT Ultimate 2023.12 HDn, MTRX Studio, 2x Avid S1, PT Dock...