View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 11:34 PM

Default Desperate for rtas drum sequencer for pt 8.0.5!

And I'm running out of time on a tech support ticket, expiring in 6 days!
System outline is: Dual core Intel E7500 proc, OS win7, 2GB RAM, M-Audio MIDI Sport 2x2 USB & M-Audio Delta 66 PCI intefaces. Running a fresh install after a rebuild; all OK, except: I want to try to spend not much above $100, and it need not be a plug-in, I'll work with a stand-alone drum sequencer, as long as it will port MIDI from it's patterns into PT 8 as well as audio, as I like to session-record both simultaneously. (Better edit capability)! ALERT: the on-board plug-in outputs ONLY audio, something that even had a tech puzzled with me today, until he made tests of his there-not porting MIDI. (I/O attempts useless).
I know RTAS gives me the post-proc, but usually costs out of this range; is that a user experience? Seems there's a LOT of shaggy freeware that's not what I need. I want plenty of patterns, live and techno, editing, etc, but if it's stand-alone, might there be some powerful choices out there? The VST ware I can't plug in certainly can deliver. What of both the RTAS plug-ins and the stand-alone options for purchase near this cost? Extant or no? I hope to buy & install before my support ticket runs out; most greatly appreciate, as a specific search of my version shows no earlier same posts. Thanks! I like bossa & jazz patterns as well as synth-ier stuff.