Thread: xPand2 question
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 04:46 PM

Default Re: xPand2 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichrdC View Post
Thanks for posting the video links. I'm definitely gonna take a look..

While I'm here, maybe you have a quick answer to why the volume on the plug-in is so very low I can't even hear it? When Record enabled, I know it's sounding only because the meter bar reacts off the bottom of the Mix strip a tiny little bit. I've tried turning the volume up in the plug-in itself and of course, the channel strip volume as well, and that hasn't done anything. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to check?

Thanks again for your help on all this. take care
Low volume compared to what? If its the only thing you are listening to, then it might be as simple as turning up your speakers or phones. Or, what is the Velocity value for your notes? Click on any note and the Midi info window will show that value(if its above 85 or so, that should be good. If its well below that, some setting needs to change). If you are dropping notes with the Pencil tool or Smart tool, you can set the default Velocity value(and I would start at 100-105 until you find you need otherwise. A simple comparison would be to put up another Instrument track and insert MiniGrand. That seems to be a VI that makes for good testing on most things midi.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave