View Single Post
Old 12-19-2021, 01:08 PM

Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA, Planet Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy
Default Re: Bought 1 year subscription - does not renew my subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
What *exact* version of Pro Tools do you have? Version number? LE, standard, HD or Ultimate? Educational license? Give some clue...

You clearly are lost and should not be trying to work this out for yourself. I just wish people would call a damn sales rep at a reseller when in your position.

Avid currently has a special promotion running to update perpetual licenses. If you want to keep you perpetual license you should be purchasing that (before it ends the end of this month). Here: https://www.avid.com/pro-tools/upgrades-and-renewals .

You need to pick the "Pro Tools 9 or later..." option unless you have a current update support plan. (I expect you have an expired support/update plan)

My Pro Tools was last at version 2019.xx Standard. Originally it was a PT9 when I bought it new, and kept updating it until March 2020.

I hope they can help with this. Being as today is a Sunday, there are no live people to talk to. I am also keeping Sweetwater in the loop about what I bought from them.

One day I hope Avid makes their update options simpler and with clearer naming. Like, you know, most other DAW manufacturters... who offer ONE update upgrade option, not 3 or 4 as Avid does.