View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 11:54 PM

Default Re: MTRX Studio Mic In's / Dolby Audio Bridge...

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
Yes, 100%. It is absolutely based on the hardware buffer.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I figured that was probably the case, but wasn't sure if Pro Tools was doing something similar to the Atmos renderers with a fixed hardware buffer. Is there any chance you might be able to give support a nudge along with case #04518851? It seems like both Avid support and myself are flat out at the moment, and the case isn't going anywhere at either end with the 10-15 days between replies.

It is literally only seems to effect the combination of HDN as playback engine, feeding DAMS via an RME Madi card. A Pro Tools only session using the RME card or HDN as the playback engine works as you would expect. Using it with Atmos in the reverse configuration (RME as playback engine, HDN as I/O for DAMS) works as expected. Switching back to HDN + RME, and the hardware buffer stops working as expected again.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.