View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
What OS?

How is the MIDI keyboard connected? USB or MIDI ports?

Is the correct MIDI input device chosen for the track?
Sorry I should've been more specific .

Right I'm using Windows 8.1. I looked at Windows 10 and didn't like the feel of it at all.

I'm using Pro Tools 11.2 mainly because the program won't upgrade properly from the dialog when Pro Tools loads itself up, I should manually upgrade. Hmmm, today is the first time I haven't had to have the Eleven Rack on when loading . Must be that Asio4all program that I downloaded.

The midi is connected via USB nothing has changed in that regards, it is the same as I had in my older projects that used a lot of keyboard style plugins. The MIDI device is an older Alesis Q49 - it wasn't the one I wanted but the only one I could get from an actual store. I did try setting the peripherals through the <Settings> menu but that resulted an a recurring error saying that is couldn't communicate with the device like every 10 seconds after closing the dialog very annoying.

As for "is the correct MIDI device chosen for the tracks" I've never been able to figure that out. I have no idea how that would work . With the help of a YouTube I was able to load four midi channels to use with the Xpand plugin, but, I haven't done that for a while and not with this project, I haven't gotten that far yet.

I wish I knew how to use PT better!

Schecter Hellraiser 7 Diamond - Ibanez RG7620
Eleven Rack w/ ERXP