View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Is this normal for an HD i/o? Inside Side wall gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RackAddict View Post
HDX with omni because I like the instant response when playing guitar. Only HDX is the system that I've tested that when you tap your pick on the pickup, you feel it instant out of the monitors.

Everything else lags except for maybe HD native at 32 buffer but I only get about 15 seconds of recording time max on 32 buffer HD native before small cut.
OK, but nobody was asking why you want HDX. We understand what HDX does. I made clear in my "Digilink not making sense" comment was about Pro Tools HD Native (not HDX).

Quote:
I'm not sure why I would want to get rid of the omni because it's amazing with all this and 've had it for 8 years. I'm not buying it fresh. But I figure it could use some upgrades. Or maybe just the I/O can. I'm not worried about clocking upgrades I clock to an antelope isochrone ocx.
I commented about getting rid of the Omni if buying an MTRX Studio and (as I stated) you had a single HDX card, the reason for that should be obvious... the MTRX Studio will use all the Digilink connectivity off a single HDX card, so unless you wanted to hang the Omni off the MTRX Studio via ADAT you would not be able to connect it to your system. And since you seem to be down the rat hole of Black Lion mods the reason for getting a Studio would be to get better/new whole generation of conversion technology, so why would you then want to keep an older gen/worse sounding Omni?

You will never hear any difference (in a double blind test) with any clock on these systems vs. an Antelope Isochrone, or any other master clock. You seem to be chasing a lot of snake oil here.

If I was chasing better audio quality that isochrone and omni would be on Reverb for sale so fast and replaced by a MTRX Studio or if really me, likely a HD Madi box and some latest gen RME converters..

Quote:
And why an MTRX when the computer is an HPz820? It's not like I need top top top level.
Huh? What had your computer model got to do with wether you would buy a MTRX or not? We are mentioning MTRX Studio and MTRX because you are talking about the ridiculous and expensive BLA mods to an old end of life HD interfaces seemingly to chase "top top top level" goals.

Quote:
And btw my HDX core card only costed a barter to a nord rack a1r and a tad more.
Great, HDX is wonderful technology. But it also costs you the ongoing difference in price between Studio and Ultimate licensing (fewer people now need Ultimate software features outside larger sessions/advanced automation and film/video post work) and traps you in Digilink IO ... which you can largely address the cost of for project studios with used HD gear... well if you then don't waste money with BLA hype mods. And hopefully you understand the DSP limits of a single HDX card, and will be fine with smaller sessions and/or hybrid engine.