View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Is this normal for an HD i/o? Inside Side wall gone

HDX with omni because I like the instant response when playing guitar. Only HDX is the system that I've tested that when you tap your pick on the pickup, you feel it instant out of the monitors.

Everything else lags except for maybe HD native at 32 buffer but I only get about 15 seconds of recording time max on 32 buffer HD native before small cut out. And I need to print with dsp analog emulation so I assume I can go into an aux with dip and route to a track immediately printed.

Coupled with an I/o for all the hardware synths, Eventide rack, my two ISA two pre channels to comp and Fractal Afx3 so I'm not using a dreadful patchbay.

I'm not sure why I would want to get rid of the omni because it's amazing with all this and 've had it for 8 years. I am not buying one fresh and I don't need a new interface. But I figure it could use some upgrades. Or maybe just the I/O can get the mods. I'm not worried about clocking upgrades I clock to an antelope isochrone ocx.

And why an MTRX when the computer is an HPz820? It's not like I need top top top level. And how much better are the converters really? The i/o mod I need is 1500. What's an MTRX? 6 grand? Still need an HDX card for that. What if I find someone to mod the i/o for less?

And btw my HDX core card only costed a barter to a nord rack a1r and a tad more.

Sent from my BBE100-2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by RackAddict; 07-26-2022 at 11:29 AM.