View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 09:40 PM

Default Is this normal for an HD i/o? Inside Side wall gone

Added an HD io used here. The Long McQuade store said it's a good deal at 1799 Canadian. Has an analog input module with the +4 balanced and -10 balanced input both db25 connectors, then there's the analog output section, also with Db connectors although I'm not sure what I'm gonna use that for as I'm using the one on my omni for the headphone amp and an alternate pair of monitors.
Did I get a 16x8 or something? Am new to HDX here.
I'm just waiting for an HDX core card arriving Saturday.

And also has a Digital I/O module for Aes/EBU.
Below that is a missing cover panel and on the inside there is a side perforated wall in side and on the right of the empty space covering the digi-link port section but to the left there is no side wall divider where the bottom left analog module is (inside) and I'm a buit concerned about that. I've attached a picture below. Also. Don't know what the word punctured holes are with some sort of socket under the analo Db connectors lke a row of punched out holes and metal screw heads.

I got a it for 1799 Canadian plus tax but I see ones on reverb for as low as just over 1correcanadian but only with digital modules. Is mine still the better deal? It was a demo model.

Finally, this is what I want to send to black lion for the mods but that's a long wait, can an electronics repair person do all those upgrades? I don't even need the new clock I clock to an antelope. I just need all the analog signal paths and op amps and converters upgraded. I was told that the improvement is subtle but can be heard more notably as clearer audio if you are on very high end monitors like adams with the ribbon tweeters but not so much ad more just a psychoacoustic effect on the overrated and grittier Yamaha HS7 "budget industry standard" .

I sold those yamahas and went for Adam T7Vs and they sound whey better and have that very expensive sound to them despite only costing what the yamahas cost. They certainly sound 10x more expensive than what I paid. And trust me when you go ribbons, you NEVER come back other than for some brief reference. Listening hours are more extended with less fatigue and all the silky clarity to go along with it!

(I would have bought the 10,000 dollars Adams now that I know how amazing that company is, but all this pro tools HDX stuff has just about robbed the budget).

My question point is am I correct to assume that a BLA mod or if I get someone else to do the same mods, if they will have a more noticeable effect on my T7V monitors as opposed to a person upgrading their Adams to even higher end Adams?

And are these mods doable by anyone in electronics or is BLA the only ones suitable to do that?

If it's snake oil then I will find out when I compare inputs on my unmodded Omni HD. But I'm just wondering if the effect is obvious on the best monitors like Adam S3V which cost basically a fortune? Or will the effect still be pretty obvious on mine?

I have no reason to think that company is snake oil I heard all their pres and they sound better than the ones they are influenced off.

Finally, pro tools Education. I only did the 100 series 101 and 110 but I never did the 200 series. And may not for another year. So does anyone know if there is a free or cheaper equivalent to the official training?

Sent from my BBE100-2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by RackAddict; 07-25-2022 at 09:53 PM.