View Single Post
Old 07-01-2020, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Can Anyone Verify / Advise? - Plugins / Delay Compensation / Timing / Downbeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTGraham View Post
Heard back on the support case - just a request for more information about what Pro Tools version(s) I've tested this on. But at least I know the submission system worked.
I'll save you some work. Please refer to Case Number 03918877 submitted on 4/4/2020. They have been aware of the issue for 3 months.

Dear support,

I'm having problems with time based plugins that rely on synchronisation with the MIDI clock. Examples are the AIR Filter Gate, Soundtoys Crystallizer, and many more.

The problem is that once delay compensation is being applied anywhere, the effect's audio and MIDI streams become desynced and the effect no longer properly operates.

I have been in contact with e.g. Soundtoys already, and they say it's an issue in Pro Tools unfortunately. I'm also in contact with Celemony, because Melodyne is also displaying synchronisation issues, which are possibly related. It appears that the MIDI clock signal is improperly delay compensated regarding the plugin slot of the synchronised effect.

Can you please have a look at this? The only workaround I have right now is to Commit tracks up to a certain slot and then work from there with the time based effect starting on the first slot of the committed track. But it's a very cumbersome and uncreative way of working.

I provided them with a session file and last reply of 6/19/2020 is that the case is currently 'under review'.
I asked them what 'under review' really meant, but never got a response.