View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 11:22 PM

Default Video Playback/Output

Hello fellow PT users. I added a post here before and got the answers I needed, even though it took a while, people here in this forum were very helpful. I have another question about PT LE.

If I had a Mac running PT LE 7.3 and I wanted to playback video through an external monitor, simple, just get an external video device, such as the canopus ADVC, hook up the firewire cable into the MAC and canopus, and then just get a video coposite cable and plug that into the TV. Go to PT Option menu and click video out firewire and now you have a video file in PT being played back on a TV monitor.

Thats as easy as it gets if you're running on a MAC. A PC on the otherhand, is not that smooth. Do the exact same proedure as above, and all you get is an error claiming that nothing is plugged into the firewire port(which it is). Apparantly, Digidesign does not support/recognize an external video device. Is this LAME or what? It's very uncool to have one platform be hassle free, regarding video playback, as oppose to the other being such a pain. We should rally against that.

So what it all comes down to is that are they any ways/suggestions/workaround to this PC fiasco. I've researched into some of this and I heard you got to buy a video card that has more than 2 outputs, and use the extra output to your TV monitor. I'm not sure if this is true or not, because I believe PT LE may not be compatible with those cards.

As you can see, this is very inconvennient to me, and I believe, to any one of you. If any of you fellow PT users have conquer this dilema, I'll be very appreciative to any suggestions or advice. Once again, thank you for your time and patience.