Thread: MacOS Ventura
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 01:11 AM

Default Re: MacOS Ventura

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Not as fast as I predicted, based on previous transition that only took Tiger (introducing Intel), Leopard (truly universal binary) and Snow Leopard (axing PPC code from OSX).

Big reason for the "slowness" this time is likely latest Mac Pro, which needs support for another year. But I would not be surprised if the next place was Apple Silicon only.

Tiger and Leopard still equated to three years of OS updates for almost every G4 and G5, from the time the last PowerPC model was sold. So not remotely quick at all, really. Particularly when you consider how quickly the actual hardware changed.

It is hard to blame the Mac Pro for anything given Apple is transitioning to their own chips. It could have been so much cleaner and neater, but for whatever reason they put their customers in a position where many of them are wanting faster AS software support, while others are wanting AS hardware but are still stuck with Intel only offerings.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.