View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Issues with FireWire on Digi 002 Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
Aha! Here ya go......
From Digi:

"No communication with Pro Tools and the Digi 002, but stand-alone Mode works.
Check the internal LED activity. If activity is normal (one solid, one blinking), it's more than likely a Firewire Bridge failure. The unit would need to be repaired by Digidesign or an ARC.

Note: Any Digi 002 or Digi 002 Rack that is rev G or later DOES NOT NEED any additional DC harness or power supply replacement."

"What are other ways to determine whether or not I am seeing a 002 harness issue or some other problem with the 002?
Looking through the back vents (the perforated area right of the MIDI ports) on a 002 or from the side vents of a 002 Rack, you will usually see two green LED's. One is lit constantly, one is blinking. If the Boot ROM or DRAM is faulty, only one LED will be visible (the blinking LED will stay off, as no communication happens). If this is the case (only 1 LED constantly lit, no blinking LED), the unit needs to come in for repair.

Replacing the DC Harness or PSU will not solve this problem."

Thanks. Both of the LEDs on the interior are on, one solid while the other one is blinking. Now this discuss that it is a FireWire bridge failure. Any clue whether that is that a chip or a component? I know a few electrical engineers so I am wondering if I can fix this myself.

if ignorance is bliss, then why isn't everyone happy