View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Open Pro tools twice???

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchipman View Post
So sorry I didn't give the right information and thanks for pointing out the "Help Us Help You" tab. Here's what I have: iMac 27" 3.4 GH IntelCore i7 processor.
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 memory, Start up disk is a 500 GB SSD, the audio drive is a 1T SSD internal (both) It's running High Sierra 10.13.6.
The hardware is a Focusrite Clarett 8pre X. I back up to a 1TB external hard drive at night USB (TM backup) The Clarett is a thunderbolt connection.
Pro tools version is 2019.5

This problem doesn't happen every time but very often. I'm just afraid it will turn
into a problem. So far it always works when I start it the second time. What's strange is I can open a song, hit the spacebar and it will play....but no tool bar on the top, so that's all I can do.

I do so appreciate your help. Having a resource like this is almost too good to be true. Thanks again....even if you can't help.
Ok that's a decent setup.. I had that exact computer and loved it for many years till it died out of the blue and I was devastated at the time

I am guessing you might have an install and preference problem.

Run the pro tools preference cleaner which is a free app, I can get the link if you like, uninstall pro tools and all avid apps, reboot, install 2019.12 fresh.

There is no need to be on 2019.5 on high sierra, you should be on 2019.12.

Also, just to be 100% sure the clarett isn't causing some weird issue, just disconnect it and run on internal imac audio, just for a few launch tests.

You are not on Mojave so it's not security related, which was my initial first thought (granting correct privileges to PT).. so I'd go with the preference/reinstall idea first and see how you go.