View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 04:36 AM

Default Re: usb Keyboard motif xs not working with virtual instruments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobleworm View Post
Thanks a lot for the replys ! I have checked my midi studio but the keyboard doesn't appear. I have downloaded snoize and it shows that the wordclock is shared as well as the key pressed infos. By un-assigning the HUI, i've managed to make sound enter to structure. But it only send the impulse of the signal. It can send impulse but not keeping the note on.
I think the issue is with the midi configuration. However i've tried different settings directly on the xs8 and it didn't work. I'm not shure that i'm on the new firmware so i'll try to update and i'll keep you informed. If you know how i can make the midi editor to detect the motif, i wait your advices !
Thanks a lot :)

EDIT : I managed to get into midi configuration correctly (thanks sierra !) and the motif is seen when pluged in. However i still have the same problem in protools.
When you say 'keeping the note on' are you using a sustain pedal connected to the Motif or are you manually holding down the note? If it's a sustain pedal make sure it's plugged into the correct connection on your keyboard and that it's also the right polarity. Different synthesizers use different schemes for the sustain pedal and a lot of sustain pedals have a little switch to accomodate that. Make sure the sustain pedal sends out a sustain on message when it's pressed down; if it doesn't and your pedal has a switch, flip the switch to the other position and give it a try.

QAPLA!