View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Carbon internal talkback system - not great results here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Hi Matt,

Sorry to hear this. What kind of processing do you currently have on the Talkback track? We've included a track preset that may help as it filters low end, dips the mids, and adds compression and limiting. You can find it by clicking on an insert slot on the Talkback track and going to recall inserts > Pro Tools | Carbon > Talkback. Let me know if that helps.
Thanks, Kyle. I ran a channel strip with a downward expander, aggressive low cut, careful narrow cuts where the fan whine lives, etc. I hate to be a downer, but it's just a really bad, unusable design. Fine for casual usage, but for paying clients? No way. Unfortunately, had to sacrifice a Carbon input (leaving only 23 for tracking, which is pretty rough) for a regular mic for talkback. Combined with the timeline issues I have to say I'm looking very hard at dumping it. The latency is lower than ANYTHING (including HDX), which is why I bought it, but it's, so far, a very far cry from filling the big shoes of the HD Accel system it just replaced. Been a ROUGH, very booked week at the studio...

So, if HDX (which I owned briefly and was much higher latency than Accel) isn't a good solution and Carbon isn't going to work out, I'm in a really bad situation.