View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Can not download Pro Tools 11 license to my iLok2 -incomplete license surrender i

Quote:
When I tried to activate the Pro Tools 10+11 license using iLok License Manager Application, it prompted me to surrender the Pro Tools 9 License that was in my iLock2. When I surrendered the PT 9 license, it disappeared from my iLock2 (and greyed out in my iLok account), but the new PT 10+11 licenses were downloaded to my iLok2. they are still in my ilok online account. I tried to do the activation/license download procedure again, but I keep getting an error message "One or more licenses to surrender cannot be found in your account". The PT 9 license that is in my account is showing "Update with outstanding surrenders" status and is greyed out. I tried to sync/repair my iLok2, but it didn't help. I also did the clean uninstall of the ilok license manager which also didn't fix the problem. I opened a ticket with iLok and Avid, but I also wanted to inquire if i could get any faster help from you guys. Thank you so much!
I'm seeing the same thing that you are on your iLok account and that iLok. I don't know what to recommend beyond what you have already done. I'm fairly certain that this will have to be resolved by support at iLok.com, so opening a ticket with them was definitely the way to go.

This is going to sound a little odd, but I would suggest that you click on the Pro Tools 11 graphic at the top of the forum, and download the Trial/Demo license from there. That is a fully functional 30-day license that requires no surrender of any other license that you should be able to deposit to your iLok account and put on your iLok while your permanent license issue is resolved.

No need to download the Pro Tools installers from the trial area, you already have those in your Avid account. For help with downloads and installation, see the following:
How to Activate and Download Pro Tools 11
and:
Avid Product Activation Video Tutorials