View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Carbon integration with other interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalmanours View Post
I have a question:
I want tou use Carbon AND Metric Halo ULN8. I agree that’s not the same protocols. So I use 2 ethernet ports. Impossible to use the I/O inserts of Carbon. When I want to use Insert 11-12, for example, Signal goes to line out 1-2 (I see it on Peters), enters in my peripheral, then goes out my gear and enters in Carbon In 1-2. But I can’t hear it… and if I create a aux output to my gear, and create a aux track for thé return, I have sound, but with 0.5s of latency…
Help welcome…
You hoping to rely on aggregate I/O? Ugh just no. Unreliable at best. And other side effect of confusing yourself/the I/O setup as you are seeing.

The "right" way to do this, as already mentioned above, is via ADAT... hang the ULN8 outboard on the Carbon with the Metric Halo optional ADAT card. And latencies of the outboard channels will be different, nothing can tell/there is no way to communicate what an ADAT peripheral latency is, so you may need to do some correction there. But this should be ~few ms or less for ADC conversion time.

As for inserts, sounds like you have I/O messed up likely because you have confused yourself and the system with aggregating I/O. Stop using aggregate I/O and start with a trivial test session. Aux outputs with very high latency may have been because you have signals going through the disk playback buffer (1,000 or 2,000 samples depending on sample rate). Just set up stuff properly.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-23-2022 at 02:58 PM.