View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Video Engine Problems in PT 2021.03.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Dragon View Post
There are many other DAWs out there and even more if you are looking specifically at Video. If you're tired of Avid playing catch up to Apple's annual OS updates, it might be a good idea to look at Logic and Final Cut Pro. The workflow is different so there will be a learning curve, but it doesn't hurt to have additional tools at your disposal to get work done.
I've been using Logic even longer than I've been using Pro Tools (since the eMagic days). I really don't like the workflow, so that's not really an option for me. QuickTime most certainly works in Logic though! I also am not very fond of the newer versions of Final Cut Pro, although I did like the old versions.

I only switched away from MacOS Mojave because I bought one of the new Mac Pro towers (don't do it, not worth it at all). And because the new Mac Pros only run Catalina or later, I've had to play this catch up game with Avid figuring out QuickTime compatibility. I (stupidly) figured that if Avid said that PT is now compatible with Big Sur, they surely had done some testing. I absolutely know better, but figured they had finally gotten their act together. Laughable.