View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Video Engine Problems in PT 2021.03.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PasteEater View Post
Another new version of Pro Tools, another crippling bug...

I upgraded to to PT 2021.03.1, then upgraded my system to MacOS Big Sur, which is supposedly compatible with this new version of PT.

Every time I open a session, I have to disable the Video Engine if I want the transport to respond with any expediency (otherwise, it can take anywhere from five to ten seconds to actually play after hitting the spacebar). So that sucks.

Unfortunately, I actually have to work with video, so when I enable the Video Engine, the video lags behind the playhead by a good three to four seconds, skipping frames, and plays the entirety of the video WAY out of sync. It's completely unusable. This happens in every session, old or brand new. I just made a brand new session for a six second social video, and the video playback was 100% worthless.

Anyone have fixes for this? I'm running one of the new Mac Pro towers with 32 GBs or RAM, a 2TB drive, etc., so this is not a lack of power on my end. I am beyond frustrated.

EDIT: I'm running MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3
EDIT2: The video is ProRes
You probably should have waited before upgrading to BS and 2021.3.1 - a lot of people are experiencing issues working with video in Pro Tools 2021.03.1. You could try re-encoding the video using the latest Compressor and see if that helps. Otherwise, you could try going back to PT 2020.12 which may not be officially supported on BS, but it may work.

Or if you have a backup of your previous system drive you could go back to that. I'm still on Catalina and PT 2020.12 due to issues I'm having with 2021.3.1 (and 2021.3.0).

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7