View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 12:59 PM
Avid

Default Re: Carbon integration with other interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancampdan View Post
Hello Avid folks... I currently have UAD Apollo systems connected via TB3 chain to my system. I have been searching for someone who may have a similar setup that has integrated a Carbon into their setup. I have had a number of answers to questions that have been a bit contradictory ranging from "No, you can't have both in your setup" to "You can just create an aggregate interface on the Mac and all the I/O should work as expected". I would gravitate towards the second answer, but really don't want to put out 4k not having a definitive response. Anyone running this type of setup? or know for sure one way or the other? TIA

Dan
Hey Dan,

When you look at Carbon in Audio MIDI Setup, two devices appear:
Pro Tools | Carbon: I/O
Pro Tools | Carbon: Reserved for Pro Tools

Pro Tools | Carbon: I/O is the device which can be aggregated with other devices like Apollo. However, this means that Pro Tools will only see Carbon as a generic input and output device. You won't have access to any of the features that make Carbon special: DSP Mode, Monitor Set selection, Headphone Source selection, etc. To get those features, you'll need to use Carbon by itself (non-aggregated) in Pro Tools.

Hope that helps.
Berkeley, CA