View Single Post
Old 01-15-2003, 05:03 PM

Default Re: splitting signal for monitoring + recording

Ben,

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to buy a high quality preamp and then run it through additional circuitry on its way to the Digi001. Doing so would affect quality of the preamp's output signal (extra gain stage, EQ, busses, etc.). There has to be a better way.

Some of my pres have two outputs (Digimax has analog and ADAT, Meek pres have two outputs, Focusrite Penta has digital option and analog output), and these work well for monitoring without effecting the signal on its way to the Digi001.

I also want to invest in a good A/D converter, and will need to know how to send a signal there AND to my mixer for monitoring.

Anyone have suggestions on how to do any of this?

thanks in advance,
dave patterson

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Jenssen:
I do run my TL Audio dual pre thru a channel on my Behringer MX8000 mixer, and then out to the 001 AND headphones. The channels on the mixer are quiet enough, the signal from the pre is line level, I cant hear any degradation of the sound, and I’m happy. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The main channels seem to do the job well, lots of headroom, but the the other aux busses on the mixer cant handle it at all. Use your ears.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">