View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 04:59 PM

Default Re: unable to locate hardware pro tools 9

Gentlemen (and ladies), I am concerned. I have now read many posts on a number of fora about experiences following changes in protools hardware and software/operating systems, and PT then NOT WORKING. Typically, the software does not recognise the hardware, despite loading drivers (and firmware?). This has also happened to myself. I think there is sufficient evidence on the net to suggest that this may be a 'system design' to limit 'experimentation' with PT. The incentive is economic and to stop piracy??. I would be interested in what people had to say about this. There are too many such experiences out there.

With the pace of change of technology, users can find themselves cut adrift simply because they have upgraded a component in their system, without upgrading the whole system. I have experienced this problem many times. The question is this. Is there an implicit memory of the initial system components embedded in the working software? Is this memory upset when a new component (eg. hardware alone, is legitimately upgraded?). If this postulate is correct, we can then ask AVID to provide support for these upgrades for legitimate users?? Speculation. Corrigendum