View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Windows Not Recognizing Audio Interface

Hello,
Thank you for responding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post

What changed? Is automatic updates disabled?
I had a look and realised there were no windows updates at all when I came back to the system.

Quote:

Unplug any other USB devices and make sure this is connected directly to the laptop.
Have tried this, to no avail

Quote:

I would try making sure the R16 is powered from the proper wall wart and not internal batteries (remove any batteries to be sure).
It is indeed

Quote:

Make sure no other apps or Windows is trying to use that interface.
I made sure that was the case when I initially plugged the interface in and it worked briefly.

Quote:

Are you using the ASIO interface? Not say trying to use ASIO4ALL? If ASIO4ALL is installed try uninstalling it.
The Zoom r16 is an AISO interface... However, I believe it's quite an old interface nowadays.

Quote:

Hold down 'N' as you start Pro Tools and make sure the Playback Engine is set to the proper device.
Yes, I have made sure that was the case, but pro tools came back with the -6117 error https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=420967

Quote:

You sometime might need to kick stuff in the guts to make sure a driver really uninstalls and installs OK. Like disconnect the device, run the driver uninstaller. reboot (even if the uninstaller does not ask for it). reconnect the device, make sure it's not found. disconnect again. Run the installer again, reboot and reconnect the device and see if it works. Never let Window plug and pray do anything.
I have done all of this, manually re-installed, restarted, etc. I'm struggling! Could it be a compatibility thing with this driver (which I belive as I say might be a bit old) and the latest version of ProTools?

I purchased a Pro Tools Studio perpetual licenses about 4 months ago - What is the oldest ProTools version I'm entitled to use? Perhaps I could try connecting this interface with an even older version?

Are there any alternative drivers for ProTools? Am I able to somehow route the 8 channels of my r16 into VoiceMeeterBanana and then into pro tools, using VM as the ProTools interface?

Thanks again.