View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 03:02 PM

Exclamation Re: Pro Tools 8.0.1 adding space on file exports and bounces?

hello there, i do have the exact same problem:

i need to bounce perfect loops created in protools. the result is always around 23 milliseconds "silence" in the beginning of the file. but it is like shifting the audio for that milliseconds, so some is cut in the end. this is why simply cutting the beginning in an other program doesnt create the loop (and this cant be the solution for that anyways).

before you reply with the usual, i tried out anything i know and what i could google:

- i bounced different files (wav, aiff)
- i deleted effects to avoid delays on that side. i even tried out different combinations of the effects.
- i bounced in resolutions of 24 bit and 16 bit (all with the standart cd 44.1 khz)
- i tried track recording instead of bouncing
- i set the "pre-roll" to 0 and deactivated it
- i tried mono and stereo

any of these try outs result in the same litte silence in beginning of the render.

i must do something wrong ! dont i ?
i cant understand and dont want to believe that the whole world of pro tools didnt recognize this problem or simply ignores it.

please, please help ! anyone : )
thank you

here is what i want to do:
- i have a beat created out of 8 different instruments. i need every instrument in a seperate loop. some 2 bars some 1 bar. the track s 103 bpm
- i select the 1 or 2 bars and bounce the region
- recordings are done in 24 bit standart 44.1 khz
- protools LE (mbox 2) version 8.0.1
- win xp computer pretty fast with decent ram (around 8 months old)
- the system is for sound processing only and is working fine with no other problems crashes whatso ever...

ps: my work around for now will be: bouncing out 6 bars (or 3 bars) so the middle will be the full, perfect loop. cutting this in audacity freeware. but i dont like that at all, there must be a correct way out of protools...

>>> this thread here inspired my of a work around i describe there as well, maybe this helps... : http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread...74#post1556074

Last edited by ebk; 02-17-2010 at 03:11 AM. Reason: i found a work around