View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 03:35 AM

Default Access violation while translating tracks

Hello

I have never downloaded a single cracked plug-in, and never will (and I wouldn't even know how to do it ). BUT I get Access violation reports from PT LE quite often now. The most typical is "Access violation while translating tracks" when I try to save and my work is lost, and Pro Tools becomes unable to perform the exit command because of this "access violation". Sometimes I can also get: "Could not complete open Recent Session 2 Command Because Access Violation Occurred While Translating Tracks".

People on this forum make lots of offhand remarks like "I know you're suppose to get this problem with some plug-ins" etc, but I do not know, and would greatly appreciate it if there was a helpful all-rounder page that explained in simple terms for a no-tech person like myself where I should start. After hours of searching, I have found nothing in the forum that would address the issue in simple and practical terms. A procedure chart, preferably with the less cumbersome solutions first - I would hate to have to reinstall everything.

I do use freeware plug-ins through that wonderful FXpansion wrapper and have done so for well over a year, but have not had problems earlier - and I mainly use PT plugs and UAD at the moment. If I decide to remove the freebies, do I simply move the dll files from the vst plug-in folder to some other folder and re-run the wrapper?

With hopes for understanding explanations from people who know (or can make better educated guesses than I can).

with thanks in advance,

Korkman

----------------------------
PC laptop dualcore T4200 @ 2 GHz, 3 GB RAM + ext hard drive via eSata cable, Windows XP Professional SP 3, Pro tools le 7.3.