View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 03:50 AM

Default Re: Modern Interrupts

I'm running HDX with Octo card in Sonnet chassi on Imac Mojave. This version of Pro Tools is the best I've ever used on this system. I was dealing with a very slow project, not really maxed out the UAD but with heavy load and it was constantly stopping my playback whenever there was automation coming in. Hardly couldn't play the session. Updated and after that the system usage was around 43% (didn't check what it was before but obviously spiking a lot) its been like cutting thru butter, haven't had a single playback stop and not a single pro tools crash. Whatever they did it's amazing for me. Like I've bought a totally new computer. Haven't felt this great since 2008 haha! Although the firmware update didnt go well the first time around, but managed to finish it on the second attempt. Not being able to double click folders in import dialog boxes is a bit annoying on Mojave as well, but other than that absolutely brilliant update

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebosphere View Post
Hoping this will make large sessions with a lot of uad plug-ins while using the hdx engine work better at low latency. Verdict is still out. I’m running a UAD Octo card in a sonnet chassis along with the hdx.

Would love to know if anyone else has noticed any improvement! It was especially bad with high usage plugins like UAD Fender amp sims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk