View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Shortcut to close hidden tracks and groups?

Go to the window menu and create new window config while the track list and clip list are open. that will be untitled 1. Now close your track list and clip list, create new window config. this will be untitled 2.

Now press the number pad "enter" to create and open up the marker window. This will be marker "1".
Select tick off "none" in time properties. At the bottom of that marker window, you can select your ""untitled 1" in the Window Config line where it says none. Click and your window config will appear. Close and press enter again to create marker "2". Do the same thing. "none" for time and select untitled "2".

The shortcuts are the same regardless what the marker window does for you.

to open window config 1 with the list windows open, on the number pad, press the period, let go, press "1" let go, press period. to recall the other window, press period 2 period, one key at a time. It's a real quick move. This is assuming you have the number pad set to transport under preferences/operation. If it's in classic, just press period and the number.

This is an extremely powerful feature as well as the markers. I always mark off the choruses and verses. I don't find it too much of a bother to click the mouse to close the list windows. You can also save a minimal window, a window showing plugin's etc. Is this type of thoughtfulness that makes me work with this program.
Apogee Mini-Me firewire.