View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 06:07 AM

Default Re: MIDI TIMING BAD????? in ProTools 7.1cs5

Quote:
Pro Tools Midi timing IS all over the place. Digi has a lot of work to do on the Midi/soft synth side of things. From poor performance with Soft synths--to blatant midi timing issues/severe gui issues. You can us MIDI offsets though......

I switched over to DP 5 (as a 6 year digi only user) due to extensive MIDI problems in PT6 and 7--I couldn't take the BS anymore.

but.......the digidesign pro tools studio monopoly forces people like my self to own a PT rig.

still I wish Digi would step up to the plate and give LE owners features and the professional implentations that comes standard with other DAW software (without paying $1200), along with fixing the numerous and serious MIDI bugs.

peace
d
Yep, it was sloppy with PLE5 in 2000, and it's still sloppy with PTLE7 in 2006.

At least processor power has caught up to mask the problem to a degree.

Still trying to manage offsets myself (can't seem to nail the perfect setting), though things a more manageable (for recording MIDI to audio) by deactivating plug-ins (not just hitting "bypass") for the recording process.

Is the problem still present with the "MIDI IO", I wonder. Too bad they never saw it feasable to take on the time-stamping capabilities of my now defunct Emagic AMT-8.

I expect there to be a little give and take, good with the bad etc. Just wish the "pro" package could get this in order.

Or, like I alluded to, is everything rosey in "MIDI IO" land? Almost worth the investment if it is.