View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 10:32 PM

Default somebody convince me i'm not wasting my time on PT!!!

I'm a long time Sonar user who's been curious enough about PT to buy PTMP 7 and recently upgrade to PT MP8....i've not completed an album in PT yet..i've just putzed with a few mixes in PT the past couple of years....the sound of PT is great but digi seems to have more annoying little ways than i can list! full OMF support only after you buy the Tool Kit for one .....

right outta the gate i have two systems.... an XP AMD 3000 tower one gig ram - PT MP7

i bought PT 8 for my new laptop - a vista rig with 3 gig ram

i get PT8 nicely installed on the new vista machine and i go to put it on my tower.....the tower actually lists the ram as being a tad under 1024....like 9 something KBs.......so PT 8 will not even make an attempt at installing...it says...."not enough ram"..back to MP7 .....i'm an audio guy...not a soft synth guy...i don't need a TONNE of ram.....any other app would install in spite of min specs and the performance you get is what you get! PT is just anal!

on my new laptop PT 8 runs a full mix at about 60% cpu ....sonar 6 is at 25-30% ......that's night and day man

on top of all this....what is this major stress point that you gotta have a separate firewire drive to record PT projects with? no other DAW in my knowledge pushes or whines about this? what gives? can this company not make their software to work in a few different environments???? usb drives are pretty damn popular as well as audio partitions or hard drives etc..

so....i've spent the money, i own 3 m-audio interefaces as well, i feel DAE sounds great ......please ...those of you who are die hards.....help me get past this....play me the convincing track so to speak!?