View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Can Pro Tools Rip MP3 on the fly?

Thankyou !!!

Wiretap looks like just the thing I need.
I can't use QT 7 because it interfers with the 001 box. Can't use anything above 10.3.8, unless someone worked something out and I haven't been told about it?

Do you know if Panther has many background processes running? I would like to cut all the overheads for this operation so that wiretap and what ever else is necessary, are the only things running. Hopefully 1 Gb Ram and 120 Gb Hd with the dual 1.25 should be enough to handle it.

Just as a matter aside, how can you get Pro tools to recognise the onboard sound channels? When I look at the Input settings, it seems to only recognise the 001 box. I assume somehow that I'd need to redirect one of the Buses to the on board sound?

Hey Aussie John, if you are wondering what I'm trying to record it's the Triple J Impossible Music festival, broadcast this weekend from Friday afternoon till Sunday Night. The line up is on the triple J site. http://www.triplej.net.au/livemusic/
There is some cool stuff in there over the last 20 years. Although I will be cutting some of it (the Wiretap program allows you to schedule recordings). Heres to hoping that Triple J keep to their schedule.
Probably not entirely legal to record it, but I've never heard of anyone being done for recording the radio before (or Taping a TV show).