View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: SUPPORT FOR DIGI001 UNDER OS X 10.4 \"TIGER\" A MUST

Quote:
I think you're the only one who didn't.
I don't think many folks expected Apple to still be updating OSX and not at least on the verge of releasing OSXI. Especially with Microsoft one year from releasing "Longhorn". Again, especially when OS9 only went as far as 9.2.2

Quote:
The 001 works fine under 10.3, you're not frozen out from anything.
We're frozen out of being able to upgrade our Operating Systems aren't we. That means we're not able to get new security fixes etc.

Quote:
You got ripped off. They were going for about $600 or less 2 years ago, just before they were discontinued.
Pardon Me, approximately, 2 years ago before the price drop. Besides, I got mine used after they were discontinued.

Quote:
This 'petition' is so ridiculous it's funny.
To you perhaps. To those of us who'd like to keep our operating system up to date, and have security patches for it, it's not.

Quote:
Do a little research on the industry, this is very standard stuff, digi is doing nothing out of the ordinary.
Your 100% right this is very standard stuff, and that's what's sad about it. The audio industry was once (and is still full) of gear that is more than 70 years old, and always there were folks trying to keep that classic gear usable. Now 4-5 years (if your lucky) and people go to great lengths to make a piece of gear obsolete and drop it's value. Good luck paying less than $1000 for an RCA 44 in good shape.

Quote:
Even better, go over to the TDM/HD forum - I don't see a petition from TDM Mix3 users demanding support in 10.4. These people spent $10,000+ on their rigs, why aren't they creating their own petition? Because they know how the industry works, and they were given fair warning about their systems reaching EOL status AND they were given special discounts to upgrade to current hardware (as were LE users). Get yer heads out of yer bums, you're all looking quite foolish. Or don't, I could use a good chuckle every now and then.
Why don't you go to the TDM forum. Because clearly you don't know that TDM systems are still supported under what is a juiced up version of LE 6.9. And that Digidesign will be making TDM 6.9 compatible with Tiger see here http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...=5&o=7&fpart=1

I don't see that what we're asking is so unreasonable. We're not even asking for the same treatment as the TDM folks. We're not asking for new upgrades. we're simply asking for fixes that will allow our current 6.4 systems to work on the upgrade to our Operating Systems which will provide us more security. And what exactly is the need for insulting us, when you're the one who looks foolish after not checking to see that TDM systems are still supported.